Innovate UK has been a key supporter of CENEX LCV events ever since they began in 2008, and is proud to continue our association at LCV 2015.
This year we will be presenting on our stand six projects whose technologies have been developed with our support; we will be also holding short, informal workshops to help inform industry delegates about key topics around the support provided by Innovate UK and our partners, and of course we will have staff from Innovate UK, our Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), and the EPSRC on hand to answer all your questions and help you find the support you need. You can book private “Meet The Expert” meetings with any of the stand staff via our reception desk at the show.
Our technology displays will be:
- Vehicle technology demonstrator (to be unveiled at 10:15am on day #1, by the Rt Hon Anna Soubry MP, Minister for Small Business, Industry and Enterprise; Dr Ruth McKernan, Innovate UK Chief Executive; and Dr Wolfgang Epple, Jaguar Land Rover’s Director of Research & Technology)
- Low cost Sodium-Ion batteries. Led by Faradion, with partners Oxford University, and Williams Advanced Engineering
- “HESPER”, a heat-store technology. Led by Sunamp
- LowCAP, a new EV range-extender engine & generator package. Led by Ashwoods, with partners Tata, and Bath University.
- High Torque Density Switched Reluctance Drive System, led by Sevcon with partner: Cummins, and Newcastle University.
- Novel air-bearings for Micro gas-turbine range extender, led by Baldon Jets with partners JLR, and Warwick University.
- And finally, the winning consortium from the £10m OLEV Battery competition, disseminating their plans to develop a pilot production line and manufacturing processes for volume traction battery production.
Our workshop agenda is centred around the lunch-breaks on both days to provide informal discussion forums on key topics with Innovate UK and KTN staff as follows:
- Midday - £40m of currently open competitions for Automotive - IDP12 and Developing Advanced Lightweight Vehicles
- 12:30pm - The breadth of support offered by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and SME Growth teams
- 1pm - Opportunities in the new area of "Connected Transport"
- 1:30pm - Shaping future R&D support - your chance to input into the scope of future funding interventions
- 2:30pm - Announcement of Niche Vehicle Network CR&D winners and cheque presentations
- Midday - The breadth of support offered by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), and SME Growth teams
- 12:30pm - A guide to UK Government innovation support: Walking through the support offered by EPSRC – InnovateUK – APC, plus UKTI, KTN, and the Catapults
- 1pm - £40m of currently open competitions for Automotive - IDP12 and Developing Advanced Lightweight Vehicles
- 1:30pm - Innovate UK's targeted support for SMEs: Helping companies to find the help they need from public and private sources of finance
Finally, please make sure you catch the presentations of our staff in the main seminar programme:
- Day #1, 10:45am in the Main Plenary: Dr Ruth McKernan, Chief Executive, presenting “Innovation and Growth - Creating the Future”
- Day #2, 10:20am in the Main Plenary: Mr Jon Horsley, Lead Technologist, presenting “A Fresh Approach to Supporting ULEV Technology in the UK”
- Day #2, 2:50pm in the Main Plenary: Ms Louise Mothersole, Horizon 2020 UK National Contact Point for Transport, presenting “How to get Involved in Horizon 2020; Practical Tips and Advice”
Innovate UK is the new name for the Technology Strategy Board – we're the UK's innovation agency, accelerating economic growth. We know that taking a new idea to market is a challenge. We fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth. For further information, see innovateuk.org or email [email protected]